viernes, 4 de marzo de 2016

FACILITATOR WEEK 3

Hi guys!
 I am Soledad Soriano Arnao and this week I have been the facilitator of my group . First of all, on Monday I distibuted the roles :
Sole: Facilitator
Isabel:Translator
Marina. G:Analyst
Marina DV:Second star
Elena:Journalist
Alicia DP:Star
Alicia G: Curator

First of all, we read the task´ instructions very well .After that, I distributed the links which our teacher has shared with us about a good presentation and Creative Common Lycence and I ordered them to investigate in these web pages .Moreover, we decided that our topic will be the universe:planets and solar sistem.
 On Monday afternoon , we  met in my house  ,we exposed each other the information that  we have got of the web pages . Secondly, I distributed my girls in pairs to do different activties. Marina and Alicia, the starts, started to collect some info about the topic. Alicia and Elena looked for information about creative commons and Isabel and me started the power point of how to do a good presentation.Additionally, I made a chocolate biscuit to motivate them. Although of our hard work, I think that on Monday everybody was doing what they wanted not what I have commanded.
On Tuesday afternoon , we did the power point about the universe, a mock-up about planets and our starts practised  two or three times.
I was proud of my work since Wednesday arrived ...After the expositions Linda told us that facilitators have failed this time. I thought that I have done my job  well , specially because I took my work personally but something has been wrong. I thought that it has been my fault but I knew that we had organized well during these days. I felt dissapointed because we received some hard but constructives critics. So, It was my turn … I had to think what has happened and I had to cheer up my starts. I think that the problem was that it´s very difficult for us to share the same opinions , so each of us want to do a thing… For example, one of us want to do the presentation more serious or some of us want to do more dynamic and so on… I thought that I had understood the task but the problem was that I didn´t know how to command them. For this reason, everybody did what they thought it was better. Other problem of mine has been that I distributed the work, so not all of us has participated in the power point of our topic. I think that If all of us had put their bit , we would have done a better job.
Despite of our mess job, our teacher has given us a second opportunity . She wants the best for us and she wants that we become proffesionals. For this reason, during this end of the week I will try to do my best and improve our job.
CHALKIES DON´T LOSE HOPE!

OUR MATES´EXPOSITIONS:
In our opinion ,generally most of us didn´t think in our students , we didn´t move around the class because the stars were behind the table , so they couldn´t connect  with us and we didn´t referenced the pictures with creative commons lycence. To sum up, the expositions can be better and we think that all of the class has misunderstood the task. WE DIDN´T THINK IN OUR STUDENTS!
-Frisky Hedhehogs(Colours): They missed time and they didn´t reference the pictures with creative commons lycence

-The Prickles ( Vertebrates): They didn´t look at spectators , they read the slides and they did a very theoretical lesson of vertebrates. They didn´t reference the pictures with creative commons lycence. To conclude , we think that it was such a serious presentation for children.

Due to these mistakes, we think that despite of being very difficult to choose the best and the worst job we believe that the best exposition could be the Frisky Hedhehogs´exposition. Although they had some mistakes, they did very entertained the lesson and they thought in their students. Moreover, they did a powerpoint without a lot of words and we think that they did a very good work.
On the other hand, we think that the worst exposition could be the vertebrates lesson (The Prickles ) . It was boring and we think that they didn´t think in their students and their slides couldn´t be read by students. Despite of that, we know that they will do better on Monday because they are very talented.



0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario